Mona just drafted a wonderful email summarizing our wedding agenda. I thought it would be a great idea to add it here. I’ll do my best to prepare a translated version soon
June 20 onward
- We are flying off June 19 to France to finish preparing for the wedding. We have roaming so can always be accessed via cellphone. Don’t hesitate to shoot an email – France enjoys one of the best connectivity in the World !
- Mona’s night – for whoever is around -no accomodation planned (i.e. need to book hotel if you want)
- There is nothing planned for Friday July 11 so free & easy for all
There will be two parallel plans:
- *For family and brides/grooms people *(you know who you are)
Civil ceremony late morning, Lunch, Religious ceremony early afternoon
- Everyone else
– Choice of free & easy day
– Or taking an early afternoon (2:30PM) tour of Lille, courtesy of Jacques’ lovely sister and possibly Ye Jhen. The tour should finish around 4:30 to give you sufficient time to pamper yourself for the wedding
The Big Night – 7pm onward
- Transport is being planned; there will be some sort of transport to take everyone to the fiesta!
- The pick-up spot is in “La Place du Lion D’Or”, 1 minute walk from La Treille Hotel (where many of you are staying).
- The party should finish around 3AM – and we will do our best to get charitable souls to get you back to your hotel – worst case scenario we will have many taxi numbers.
- Jacques’ family will be hosting a “rebond” (lunch for those who come from far) at their house.
- For those who will still be around, please confirm so we can arrange appropriately or no wine for you (French can survive without food – not without wine :-))
- Mona, Jacques, and Ahmad family are off to Paris to watch the 14th of July celebration on the Champs Elysees.
- Mona, Jacques, and Ahmad family are flying off to Malaysia.
- There is a direct train from Paris (Charles De Gaulle airport) to Lille.
- La Treille Hotel is Jacques’ family hotel recommendation. It is 10 to 15 minutes walk from the train station (there is a bus going there straight)
- For those who are arriving early and want to hang out in Paris on a tight budget, we recommend the Tiquetonne (affordable and conveniently located)
- For those who are still a “maybe” let us know ASAP
- Need to know who is able to come early and if so what day
- Need to know who is able to come to the July 13 lunch
Should you have any question, doubt, inquiry, demand, interrogation, problem or proposition, PLEASE, do contact us !
Subscribe to Duquesn(e)
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox